Difficulty Level: Difficult
Time and Location: Meet at Gazebo Park, across from Stone's Throw Cafe in Blairmore, no later than 5:30 pm so that we can get started right away. The lead and participants will arrange car pooling to the trailhead.
Length of Trip: Expect to be out for the whole evening as there is quite a lot of distance on this hike and we hope to move at a bit of a faster pace. We are taking advantage of the long days. Exact return time is unknown as it depends on the overall pacing of the group.
Please RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/461472120978045/
- Membership Information
- Please review our Code of Conduct prior to the trip.
- Join us for an evening hike up to the Plane Crash site south of Coleman (up York Creek). Yes, there is a broken apart plane in our backcountry! Come and see it for yourself. We plan to be back before dark, but bring a headlamp just in case.
- If you need to communicate with the lead, please go to our Facebook event to do so.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Snacks and sufficient water
- Bear spray
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Headlamp, just in case
Optional, but Recommended Gear:
- Hiking poles
- First aid kit