** Please note we have reached the maximum number of participants for this trip. We have a waitlist in case anyone currently attending is no longer able to and we can fill the spot. Please refer to our FB event for more information regarding this. **
Difficulty Level: Difficult; scrambling involved.
Time and Location: Meet at Gazebo Park, across from Stone's Throw Cafe in Blairmore, no later than 7:30 am so that we can get started right away. The lead and participants will arrange car pooling to the trailhead.
Length of Trip: Expect to be out for most of the day. Return time is unknown as it depends on the overall pacing of the group.
Please RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/169596483720809/
- Membership Information
- Please review our Code of Conduct prior to the trip.
- Due to the difficult nature of this hike/scramble as well as rockfall hazard, there is a maximum number of participants for this trip. Please refer to our Facebook event for further information about this.
- Please join us for a Canada Day outing up to the top of Crowsnest Mountain. This hike is rated difficult due to the significant elevation gain and the amount of steep and loose terrain. We are starting much earlier than normal so that the bulk of the hike up is done in cooler temperatures and hopefully it means nobody will be in front of us either. A helmet to protect from rock fall is also recommended.
- If you need to communicate with the lead, please go to our Facebook event to do so.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Lunch, snacks and sufficient water
- Bear spray
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen)
Optional, but Recommended Gear:
- Hiking poles
- First aid kit
- Helmet to protect from rock fall