Difficulty Level: Difficult; scrambling involved.
Time and Location: Meet at Gazebo Park, across from Stone's Throw Cafe in Blairmore, no later than 9:00 am so that we can get started right away. The lead and participants will arrange car pooling to the start of the hike.
Length of Trip: Expect to be out for the full day. Return time is unknown as it depends on the overall pacing of the group.
Please RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/208507409939818/
- Membership Information
- Please review our Code of Conduct prior to the trip.
- Join us for a day trip hiking and scrambling up Mount Ward. This hike is rated difficult as there are very steep sections on loose rock and scree, and some hands-on scrambling is involved. A helmet is recommended.
- If you need to communicate with the lead, please go to our Facebook event to do so.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Lunch, snacks and sufficient water
- Bear spray
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen)
Optional, but Recommended Gear:
- Hiking poles
- First aid kit
- Helmet to protect from rock fall